Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksgiving week. So much to be thankful for. So much to look forward to. The Oklahoma contingency is coming to town minus one major player. Unfortunately Ginger won't be with us. But she will be home taking care of a precious little bundle that we can't wait to welcome to the family. We will miss her. We also won't have my wonderful father around the table with us. He's just not able, it would be far too much for him. This will be the first holiday without him. He loved the holidays. Not a whole lot more to say about that. It kinda leaves me empty just thinking about him not being with us. I find myself wondering what next Thanksgiving will look like. Who will we have said good-bye to, who will we have said hello to. One, maybe two beautiful little girls from Liberia. Yes, as always a year will bring big changes, some I'm sure we don't even expect. So, for now I will enjoy today, this holiday season. May it be blessed.

No comments: