Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Another school year. Doesn't seem possible. I watched as kids stood at the bus stop and older ones walked off. Parents with camera in hand, mom's who don't want to let them go and I watch all this as if they were my own. Why? Because it seems like it was just yesterday that I was doing the same thing. It can't be possible that my daughter is seeing her oldest off to 2nd. grade and Trey will be starting kindergarten. I want to stop and tell them all to hold each day as a precious gift. This chapter in the book doesn't last long. I'm praying for my grandson as I write this, praying that he will have good experiences in that classroom, experiences that will him make him smile when he is looking back and remembering. Because he will be remembering all too soon.

No comments: