Sunday, November 25, 2012

Wow, it's been a long time with no blogging.  What a strange Thanksgiving.  I had just gotten over some sort of bug in time to prepare for the big day.  Cora and Evan had done the same.  We should have known it was just a sign of things to come.  I really won't go into the gory details, but suffice it to say....almost everybody bit the dust at sometime during the loooooong week-end.  We actually made two attempts at a normal Thanksgiving dinner and I can't really say we accomplished either.  But, I had three of my wonderful grandsons with me for two nights.  They decorated a beautiful Christmas tree, watched Christmas movies, had Jedi training and played Santa Claus.  I watched Evan and Austin begin a friendship that will follow them for a long time to come as Riley went off to another memory making OSU basketball game with his Paps.  I read a blog about a very special Thanksgiving between mother and son as they shared a very special prayer to end their day of oatmeal and tea on fancy china.  Once again my mom marveled at the "perfection" of her great-grandchildren, I'm sure thanking God in her innermost thoughts for allowing her to share these precious gifts.  My daughter-in-law came late in the day, at least her headache had subsided.  And as the day came to an end  Mikey and Riley looked at each other and said...." I don't feel so good."  Riley even left a special gift before he headed home.  And as Nana and Paps waved good-bye, we looked at each other and said, "Yes, another wonderful Thanksgiving."

No comments: