Wednesday, May 18, 2005

So much STUFF going on right now. It seemed to overwhelm me some this week-end but I'm dealing much better. Things I'm learning at Al-Anon can help in all areas and relationships of my life. I think I'm going to look around for a little better fit in another group but I realized tonight that what I have experienced and still am going through I want to be able to use to help others as often as possible. I met a couple tonight that were so full of pain for their son that it seemed to be smeared all over them. My heart went out to them. They had just registered their son in a 28 day program. He is a drug user. They live 3 hrs from here and were on their way home. I could make a list of all the different emotions they had to be feeling. I felt as if I was reliving them all. The best thing I could tell them was to go home, take care of themselves and pray for their son. It isn't always easy but it works. Mikey talked to me today about what he is learning from "Purpose Driven Life". Trust me, that's a big deal!! God is doing a good thing.

No comments: