Sunday, May 01, 2005

I realized this morning I haven't blogged for a week. I'm quite sure everybody is on the edge of their seats waiting for my next post!! HA! We've been playing the waiting game again. There is a paperwork problem (go figure!) and we are trying to figure out when Mikey will get out. It could be as early as May 8th or as long as another 30 days after that. Needless to say he has been crawling out of his skin. We still don't know but we should find out Wednesday. I am really hoping for the best for him but I have to admit, some fear is creeping in, no I would better describe it as some fear is stomping in. I found myself at an al-anon meeting last week and I will definitely be going back. I allowed God to take care of him when he left, I had no other choice. I have to continue doing that when he gets out. It's funny, we are both in the same boat. He has made GREAT progress but he has been in a situation that made it easy to make good choices. We both will be facing our own enemies when this situation changes; he, the temptation of his former lifestyle and me, the temptation to coddle and control. One day at a time, I guess that continues to be our motto. I'm looking forward to worshiping this morning and then after a few hours of work, I will head for the Stetler's for some smores with the family. Have a blessed day.

No comments: