Friday, July 22, 2005

I Do Believe

So many questions, discussions, arguments, politics, religions. I have realized lately I am a VERY simple person. For me, it works. And yes, I find songs that say it for me because like I said, I'm simple and not very clever. So below is someone's words that speak to me, just thought I would share:

Some say faith is just believing
Others say it's self-deceiving
Inventing childish dreams to get us through
But deep inside me there's a yearning
For true wisdom not just learning
I'd trade all my clever questions for one answer that is true

Lord you know I need some answers
Questions eat at me like cancer
Make me once again a simple child
Help me take the risk of losing
Lose it all to find in choosing
To believe You are the answer earth and heaven reconciled

I do believe
You are the One
The home I've longed to find
My only hope
God's only Son
I do believe
I touch I see
That all along you've longed to be
My Lord my God.

No comments: