Sunday, October 22, 2006

We are home and we had a good week-end with family from Oklahoma. It was nice to see Eric and meet his new love. She was very sweet. I'm really tired but tomorrow will be a day to clean up the house from the re-modeling done while we were gone. My aunt will be in for just a very short time on Tuesday. Then I need to start thinking about Christmas shopping. It doesn't seem possible that the holidays are almost here. The sale at my mom's house is next week-end and it is getting a little emotional for me. I saw a video this week-end of Christmas, '81. I was pregnant with Mikey. When my Dad came on the screen it was a very weird feeling. That "dad" isn't here anymore. I had forgotten how it was like when he was young and vibrant. My parents were about the age I am now. Scary. Oh well, time marches on and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it except live every day to the fullest. Here's to another beautiful holiday season!!

No comments: