Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A tough start to the new week. It never ceases to amaze me how life can give you such unsuspected turns. Sometimes having the best intentions just isn't enough. When someone is very important to you and you end up being the source of their disappointment, it makes you feel like a total failure. It might be totally out of your control but it doesn't make it feel any better. Another year begins with lots of uncertainty and nothing you can do but trust, leave it in God's hands and trust. It seems the older I get, the more I am called to live one day at a time. I know I say that repeatedly, but it truly seems to be my theme song.
When this day comes to a close, my Riley will be home. I have really missed him but it sounds like he had a really good time. He is such a big boy. It will be good to hear him tell me all about his trip to Florida. I love to hear him talk.
Less than three weeks and we will be leaving for the Dominican Republic. I hope Mike can really relax. It should be fun.

No comments: