Sunday, April 01, 2007

I'm so glad to be home!! I can't believe the changes in the grass and trees in the short week I was gone. I came home to face a lot on my plate but that is life and life is good. I was able to run down to Grandview for a quick minute to see the beautiful Stetler family before they left for Canton. Watching the Bucks win another game and take one more step to the National Championship was so much fun. Watching Riley and Trey following the team brings back so many memories. I watched every game with my Mom and Dad while growing up and went to bed crying with every defeat. We are planning a big Pressley-Stetler game in a few weeks on our backyard court. Daddy, Deesy, Papa, Riley and Trey will go at it with an afternoon of hoops while Mommy, Evan, Nana, Nean and Doc-Doc cheer them on. Should be fun. I have a lot to do to finish Evan's first year book. His one-year b-day is sneaking up on us. It doesn't seem possible. Our little peanut is almost one!!

I watch as we all get older and I have this prayer:

I want to leave a legacy
How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love? Did I point to You enough
to make a mark on things?
I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace who blessed Your name unapologetically
and leave that kind of legacy.

Not well traveled, not well read, not well-to-do or well bred
just want to hear instead, "Well done good and faithful one..."

No comments: