Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My Dad seems to be getting ready, ready for the best trip of his life. Before he broke his hip, he was so unhappy and lonely and discontent. Now, he seems to be in a holding pattern, just waiting for the next step. I am so grateful that my mom can visit him now and go away smiling. On Sunday they had church together in his room. They sang an old hymn together and she looked over and Dad had raised his hand in testimony of his trust in God. A trust that bears witness to the fact that all this will be worth it when he sees Jesus. A trust that never once wavered as he lived his life in front of his two girls. A trust that both of us now hold onto because we saw it modeled and proven to be true. I pray I pass that on to my family because when all is said and done, nothing else really matters. We grow old, give up our jobs, sell our homes and possessions and prepare for God to take us home. I love my Dad.

No comments: