Sunday, December 14, 2008

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song.
This cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease.
My Comforter, my All in All,
Here in the love of Christ - I STAND.
In Christ alone, who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe.
This gift of love and righteousness,
Scorned by the ones He came to save.
'Til on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid,
Here in the death of Christ - I LIVE.

Right now, I know of a lot of people it seems, that are praying for miracles. Do I believe God can perform miracles? ABSOLUTELY. Do I sometimes wonder why those miracles don't always happen? ABSOLUTELY. Sometimes I think the true miracle comes in a completely different form than healing from a disease, or the blessings of a baby, or even a job when there is none. The line in this song that says - "what heights of love what depths of peace, when fears are stilled, when strivings cease". That is the miracle that God ALWAYS brings if we will accept it. Read those words again, they are powerful. In the midst of our worst days, knowing God loves us and is in control can bring love and hope and peace no matter what may come. And sometimes that is all we have to stand on. But it is all we need. I don't pretend to understand all that happens in this life but I have experienced this indescribable peace that is able to cease my striving and when that happens, there is no other rest like it.

No comments: