Thursday, January 03, 2013

Christmas 2012 was beautiful.  I tried to make it less hectic and I think I accomplished that.  I began shopping very early, stayed up to date with wrapping and cut back on the menu.  It was a very relaxing day. At church this year, keeping Christmas all year long was a prominent theme.  It isn't a new thought but it really hit home with me this year.  Everybody might be surprised as to how I might do that in 2013.  No real let down this year, and very little melancholy feelings on New Year's.  I have very high hopes for this new year, I feel an unusual sense of expectation, waiting to see what God has in store for us.  Nicole now works for us and she and Mikey are looking to buy a new house.  Eric started school again and I am very excited to see where that takes him.  Mike has finally completed his exodus from management and Bella is helping him through that transition.  It's strange, I see him going through so many phases; almost like a mourning process after a death.  Getting adjusted to a new normal always takes time.  My mom is changing everyday. Some days are hard for me, I can only imagine how hard they are for her.  We will hopefully be moving her to assisted living soon.  We are at the mercy of when the insurance decides to give us the "o.k."

There is a beautiful pile of snow on the ground, more than we've had in quite awhile.  I feel like I am waiting....but I'm not sure what I'm waiting for.

No comments: