Saturday, February 23, 2013

It was another cold day in February.  Schools closed due to ice.  The middle of another long Ohio winter.  I was also in the middle of another long bout with the Ohio crud.  Mike was leaving me with a project I really didn't want to deal with.  And I was having a pity party.  I grudgingly got dressed, hopped in my Lincoln SUV and flipped on my favorite country channel to "lift my drooping spirits".  But in stead of hearing the usual sounds of Rascal Flatts or Keith Urban I heard a woman talking between sobs.  It was a telethon for St. Judes and a very brave mother was sharing how she said good-bye and gave permission to her son to "go be with Jesus".

I get so wrapped up in myself, my petty problems.  I'm so spoiled and selfish.  Thanks God, I needed that.

No comments: