Wednesday, January 05, 2005

I'm Back

Well, here I am. Last night about 3:30 I wasn't too sure I would be. I had a pretty rough night in the hospital. ( oh yea, pneumonia!!) Pray for my roommate, Betty. A sweet little lady who's favorite word is "shit". She's so sad and confused and not at all in the right place. She get's plenty of "Honey's" and "can't you eat a little?" But not what she realy needs. I'm not quite sure what hit me or why but I know I don't want to go through that again. Once again, what would I do without family. The best medicine I received were the little ones and my babies coming to see me. The support of my mom and my daughter as we listened for the news from Mike about Mikey. Of course my husband, words don't even work there. Then Eric and Chan doing more than just keeping things together. My house is cleaner than when I left. I am so blessed. I got home tonight to a little redhead jumping up and down at the door pleading for Uncle Mike to carry up the giat Gardfield Mikey gave her. I took a shower, climbed into a warm bed and listened as each member of my family returned home. The kids love school. Eric and Mikey returned from a business trip and the laughter was so comforting.

Mikey goes to jail in a month for 30 days and then to in-house re-hab for 90 days. Last night I was quite sure I didn't have the strength to face it. I wish you could all see his attitude. If I try to describe it you will think I am exagerrating or seeing what I want to see. Trust me I'm not, I'm gaining strength from him. Right now he is downstairs helping his cousin with her homework. I'll pause here just for a moment so that picture can fully come up on your screen. He told me today that his best friend, Joel, had called and he told him the court said he could take one friend to jail with him and he had been picked. You really have to know Mikey to understand, he isn't making light of his situation, it's just how he copes. Frankly I wish I had a few more of those coping skills. We have a long road ahead of us but I feel like he has turned a corner. A more positive attitude on his part would be impossible and a bigger God on our side would be far more impossible.
Thanks for all your prayers . I'm going to take it easy for a while so my blogs may come a little more frequent than any of you would like. Feel free to not read them all!!

2 comments:

Douglas said...

I'm glad to learn that you are back home, safe and on the road to recovery. In an email to Kerri the other day, I also mentioned that I was impressed with the way Mikey is handling the whole situation. When I first learned what had happened and that Mikey got himself into this, I knew that there was nothing I could do for him. That's OK, he didn't need me anyway. God is far better at this than I am. You are fortunate to have such a great family, and so is Mikey.

Sara said...

So glad to hear that you are home. I was/am praying for you! We love you all. Tell Mikey we are praying for him too....take care. Sara Dilbone