Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Shock and Awe

I know I shouldn't be but I am. I am standing back and watching God's magnificent grace lift my son to someplace I don't think he has been before. Has anyone ever asked you to think back on a time when God's grace was so real in your life there was no denying it? I am sure this will be one of his times that he will be able to point to. We are always in need of God but sometimes we are more keenly aware of that need than others. It seems everybody close to me right now is very aware of that need and we are becoming increasingly more aware of God's hand at work. It looks like Eric and Chan have found an apartment and she has an interview Thursday. The kids continue to come home smiling and I can honestly say my son seems more happy and content than I can remember. (Thanks to my nephew for being there for him) I have really been lazy today. I know I' m not 100% yet because I'm not too antsy about staying in. I will really be glad when I feel like myself again. The babies have remained fairly healthy for awhile(knock on wood) and my beautiful daughter is her beautiful self. She has become such a constant in my life I don't know what I would do without her. I love you Kerri!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deb, It has been something to watch. We shouldn't be surprised after 2001, but for some reason I always think God has not addressed this particular situation before, and that maybe He just won't be able to handle this one. I too am amazed at Mikey's attitude, and outlook. I know God will go with him, and will be with us through this chapter of our lives. He is faithful! Mike

Anonymous said...

Deb, It has been something to watch. We shouldn't be surprised after 2001, but for some reason I always think God has not addressed this particular situation before, and that maybe He just won't be able to handle this one. I too am amazed at Mikey's attitude, and outlook. I know God will go with him, and will be with us through this chapter of our lives. He is faithful! Mike