Sunday, January 01, 2006

Some things just don't make any sense. How can a little boy wake up one day with an earache, have seizures the next and the next be brain dead? How are Kerri and Eric going to explain this to Riley? Luis was so full of life. He sometimes had more energy than we wanted him to have. He called me Nana as if it was my first name. I remember the door opening Christmas Eve and in walked Luis with a little basket with Christmas candy for the Stetlers. I remember thinking what a fine young boy he was becoming. He was thriving in school. Why? How do parents and siblings survive this? What can Eric possibly do or say at that little boys bedside? We take life so for granted. I'm really sad and I guess having answers wouldn't make that any different. May God minister to that family tonight.

No comments: