Thursday, April 06, 2006

Well, this will be a first for me. I usually don't use this journal to rant but this morning I feel drawn to express myself. I just saw on T.V. a complete contradiction of who God is and what He is about. I was watching an interview with Rosie O'Donnell about her new documentary that is getting so much attention. She apparently invited gay families to take a cruise with her and her family. As they pulled out to sea there was a group of "christians" demonstrating against gay marriages. Screaming, pointing fingers, making their presence impossible to ignore. Then I listened to the rest of the interview. She talked very passionately about all the children in our foster system whose parents have terminally given up their rights to those children - 117,000 I believe was the number. She is full of compassion, just in my humble opinion wrong about her beliefs concerning sexuality. What makes me so emotional is that none of us are getting it right. I don't believe God is happy when we follow His laws but refuse to show His love in doing it. God help us all!!

No comments: