Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Mike has been gone this week with Mikey on a golf trip. They are really having a good time. I really miss him though. I'll be glad when tomorrow night comes. Tomorrow is our anniversary. We will celebrate Friday instead. Thirty two years and still counting. We have had some tough times like everyone but never once did those stressful things pull us apart. Quite the contrary, they brought us closer. Trust me when I say that the bad I refer to could have and often does pull people apart. I'm not bragging, I'm giving God the thanks because His strength and power in our lives is what kept us from turning on each other. My husband was ALWAYS there for me, ALWAYS. He was by my side when we lost Kerri's twin sister. We mourned together. He has been patient with me through two times of real emotional weakness. He could have so easily turned and walked away. He literally held me up when I saw my son for the first time after his car accident. When his world caved in and we woke up one morning without any source of income he chose to put one foot in front of the other and do whatever he had to do to get us to the other side. And he did. He is a rock. He is my friend. He is my partner.

1 comment:

Stetlers said...

I love you guys so much.