Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I've been busy lately. Not a lot to post about. I have been looking for a place to move my parents. It has become painfully obvious that it is time. It hasn't been the most enjoyable thing to be involved in but we're getting through it. Trying to decide what kind of place they needed has been the first hurdle. They are really at different places when it comes to their needs. We are doing what we think is best and I am following my gut you might say. Gahanna has some really nice places and we are hoping to move them by the first week of August. Now that the decision is made I really need to get this finished and have them settled. I don't know what to expect from my Dad. He is not happy about this and it is next to impossible to discuss anything rationally with him anymore. I am trying to keep a positive attitude, hoping the move will transpire smoothly. For the longest time I thought it would be fun to have the families of three of my friends over for a cook-out. So I finally made that happen this past Saturday. It was really fun. We will probably try to make it a yearly event. We had 22 adults, seven rug-rats and two cutie patooties, lots of food and an all-around good time. We passed on Red White and Boom this because of little Evan. Papaw says "thanks"!! It just wasn't the same for me on t.v. but that's o.k. I'll take Evan any day. Trey and Riley will get back from the cottage today. I'm sure they'll have lots of tales to tell. I don't have a clue where June went. It seems to be the fastest moving month every year. I just wish summer would slow down. I'm trying to spend some leisure time and enjoy summer on my new porch. I purchased two new books - Blue Like Jazz and Velvet Elvis. "Everybody" seemed to be reading them so I thought I would see what they are all about. I started with Blue Like Jazz and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I'm getting fairly good at Sudoku also!!

No comments: