Monday, February 25, 2008

Well, another week. I really have decided to let God handle all the stuff going on right now. However, I really wanted part of the deal to be that I could sleep through until He worked all this out. It would be nice to just wake up on the other side of it. But... that doesn't seem to be possible soooooooo another week!! We had a beautiful service Sunday at church. My sister says she gets through times like this by looking back, back at God's faithfulness. I was reminded of this song yesterday.

"He's been faithful, faithful to me
Looking back his love and mercy I see
Though in my heart I have questioned and failed to believe
Still He's been faithful, faithful to me."

It's good to know that we don't always have to be on our "A" game with God. He understands that when we are going through the battle it is sometimes hard to stay strong. His faithfulness isn't determined by the strength of our faith. He's a good God and good things are happening.

My little ones will come see me tonight. Their smiles and hugs and kisses keep me going. I taped the basketball game for Riley but I really don't want to be reminded of that disappointment. Looks like I will have to find another team to cheer for in the tournament. Eric's job is going well. What an answer to prayer!! The adoption seems to be moving along and Nicole is healthy and feeling good. Dad is fairly content and Mom is keeping her head up and actually going to exercise classes. My mom doing yoga - wish I had seen that!!

"The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and His understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."


No comments: