Saturday, May 10, 2008

We had a celebration last night. We celebrated 90 days of sobriety for my son. As I look back over the last three months and re-live that first night it really feels like a dream. It feels like an amusement park ride that at times I've wanted to get off but it doesn't stop. Then other times it feels really good and I enjoy it. But always I feel totally out of control, I'm not in charge of the ride at all. The real miracle is that we genuinely have something to celebrate. When the phone rang in the middle of the night, I really didn't think we would get to this point. There is only one way this has happened. It is honestly and truly a God thing. Good out of bad, that's what He specializes in and I have seen it first-hand. The ride continues. Mike will be gone for 30 days soon. I pray that Nicole feels His presence more than she knows is possible. Then we face the next mountain and see how God helps us over that one. We will continue to get ready to meet baby Austin and trust that God has control of the ride.

No comments: