Monday, May 19, 2008

Well another Monday and the time has finally arrived. My son will be leaving tomorrow for 28 days of incarceration. I haven't said much about it but here it is and we can't escape the reality of it. I'm feeling like everything is a dream lately. Not only are we facing Mike's situation but my husband's mother will probably have a foot amputated this week, one of his sisters has ovarian cancer and the other mentally challenged sister just had a premature baby. Am I living a soap opera?! I don't know that I will ever fully understand all the mysteries of prayers but I am experiencing the unbelievable way it can sustain you through tough times. I can't say I always feel strong but I'm surviving each day and I haven't shut down and for me that is big. I get phone calls and e-mails telling me they are praying for our family and all I can say is I feel them. I feel those prayers and I am so grateful. I really need t0 find the energy to visit my Dad. It has been far too long. Maybe once I get past tomorrow I can try to get that done. I'm not going to make the trip to Indiana tomorrow with my husband. Fortunately we have a wonderful caring Pastor and assistant Pastor that want to make that journey with him and I think it will be best that way. I'm going to spend the day with my daughter and grandkids.

No comments: