Friday, June 03, 2011

It is amazing to me that life is such a circle. We start out so dependent on our parents. Mommy and Daddy clap as we take our baby steps and we smile. We are excited about our accomplishment. We grow up, learn how to take care of ourselves, hold jobs, have children and grow older. My mom was always clapping for me. She was one of my biggest supporters, along with my dad. She called me this morning. She was facing her first morning of getting ready for her day by herself. Six weeks of hospital and re-hab and now she was alone to shower and dress and get herself to her meals. She was feeling a little fearful about the shower and wanted me to come and be there in case she struggled. She did great. I think she surprised herself. I found myself telling her how proud I was of her and it made her smile. I stopped short of clapping for her but I was clapping inside. Baby steps are part of every chapter of our lives. I'm glad God has blessed us with people that are willing to clap for us. Without that it would be a very lonely way to live. She has almost come full circle and I'm going to clap for her til she reaches her home.

1 comment:

kerri said...

thanks for being my biggest cheerleader, mom. I love you and and so thankful for all you have done for Grandma during this time. That day will come when it's time for her to go home and be with Grandpa again...and what a celebration that will be!