Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Made a quick trip to D.C. Had a good time but it was sooooo hot. Hard to do a lot of sight-seeing. I was determined to see the Holocaust Museum and the Viet Nam Wall. Saw both. So glad I did. Both left me speechless. I was dumbfounded also at the lack of response I saw out of so many school kids walking through the museum. For some of them, it didn't seem to make any impact at all. I realized so many live in a video game world, nothing seems like reality. They see so much violence in t.v. and in games, they seem to have developed a very casual attitude to such things.
I also saw the W.W. II memorial. It was beautiful and I felt an unusual closeness to my Dad while I was there.

Mom will be returning to her apartment tomorrow. We are very excited for her and very thankful for her recovery.

No comments: