Friday, June 17, 2011

My Dad built this snowman for me. Yes, that adorable little girl is me! As you can see, whatever my Dad did, he did it all the way. He had no time for doing something halfway. But I'm not referring to just the building of snowmen, how he kept his yard, or or how serious he took his job as an usher at our church. You see, my dad had a heart bigger than the grand canyon and he filled it up with love. Unconditional love for his God, his wife, his family and his friends. Oh yes, and for life in general. He loved every minute of every day. My dad .... words just fail me. I still feel him here with us, that great big smile and that great big heart. Simply the best!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

kerri said...

We were out in the yard just now filling up a large kiddie pool for the boys. I told Eric that grandpa had very specific instructions for us grandkids on how to keep grass out of the pool! I remember him out there with us, posing us for pictures by the kiddie pool in his backyard. He spent time playing with us every time we were at his house. I miss him. I wish my boys new him. Like the song says..."if Heaven wasn't so far away, I'd pack up the kids and go for the day..."