Monday, July 17, 2006

What a great Sunday!! It started with an unbelievable sermon from our worship leader. Unfortunately he has resigned. He is an awesome person and I have watched him evolve into one of the best preachers I have ever heard. Fear was the topic of his sermon; a topic I think we all can relate to. We've all said "what if"... the words that invite fear. "Then God..." If those are the words that finish the sentence - fear is banished. It's really sad when you haven't heard an old hymn for so long that you have forgotten how powerful the words are. We sang "How Firm a Foundation". WOW may I never forget what that song says.

Fear not, I am with thee, oh, be not dismayed,
For I am thy God I will still give thee aid;
I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by My gracious, omnipotent hand.

When through the deep waters I call thee to go,
The rivers of sorrow shall not overflow;
For I will be with thee thy trials to bless
And sanctify to thee thy deepest distress.

When through fiery trials thy pathway shall lie,
My grace, all-sufficient, shall be thy supply.
The flames shall not hurt thee; I only design
Thy dross to consume and thy gold to refine.

E'en down to old age all My people shall prove
My sovereign, eternal, unchangeable love;
And when hoary hairs shall their temples adorn,
Like lambs they shall still in My bosom be borne.

The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose
I will not, I will not, desert to his foes;
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake
I'll never, no never, no never forsake!


As I was leaving the first service, I watched my mother walk in to the second by herself. You see my dad was at home, not able to attend much anymore. My parents have lived this song in front of me. I am watching God's unbelievable grace carry my mom through a very hard time. Because of them, I know these words to be true. No one will ever convince me otherwise. He is a firm foundation even down to old age that will never forsake us.

The rest of the day included a work-out at the gym with my husband, lunch at our favorite chinese place, some training for the new guy and watching the Espy's with Pup. It was a great show with some very inspiring stories.

I'm looking forward to a visit from Kerri and the boys this morning.

1 comment:

Michayla said...

WOW!!! I actually posted its really cool I like it!! I hope u do 2 xoxoxox bye
Love,
MICHAYLA!!!!! YAY!