Thursday, March 12, 2009


Today would have been my Dad's 90th birthday. I have his picture hanging in my entryway in a frame that quotes Jeremiah 17:7-8. "Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream... its leaves are always green." That is how my dad lived his life and that is the heritage he left me. My dad left us on some level several months before his body actually left. I really thought I would have an easier time with his death because of that. I was wrong. I miss him greatly. He was a wonderful man who never had an enemy. He had one of the sweetest spirits I have ever known. A huge hole has been left in our family that will never be filled. We were all truly blessed to have had him as a husband, a father, a grandfather and a true example of a man of God. Happy birthday Dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and truly blessed to have him as a friend.

what a legend.... kind, gentle, principled.

and totally 'taken' with his three girls!