Monday, December 31, 2007

My sister sent me this prayer at the beginning of a new year and I would like to post it here as a prayer for anyone that might be reading this. I need this as I enter 2008.

"I stand between the years. The Light of My Presence is flung across the year to come - the radiance of the Sun of Righteousness.
Backward, over the past year is My Shadow thrown,
hiding trouble and sorrow and disappointment.
Dwell not on the past - only on the present...
bury every fear of the future...of suffering, of loss.
Bury all thought of unkindness and bitterness, all your dislikes,
your resentments your sense of failure,
your disappointments in others and in yourself...
leave them all and go forward to a new and risen life.
Remember you must not see as the world sees. I hold the year in My Hands -
in trust for you.
But I will guide you one day at a time. Leave the rest with Me.
You must not anticipate the gift by fears or thoughts of the days ahead.
And for each day I shall supply the wisdom
and the strength."

Have a blessed New Year.

No comments: