Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"Oh come let us adore Him". We sing this one all season. Once again, I borrow from others as I am not one that is able to compose beautiful, wise words but I do appreciate them.

"...the highest adoration is not occupied with the recollection of favors received and mercies extended, though they do help one be aware of the true nature of God. There is still, in all such recollection, a remnant of that self-centeredness which it should be the purpose of prayer to escape. In it, we are still thinking of God in terms of something done to me and for me. We never really adore Him, until we arrive at the moment when we worship Him for what He is in Himself, apart from any consideration of the impact of His Divine Selfhood upon our desires and our welfare. Then we love Him for Himself alone. Then we adore Him, regardless of whether any personal benefit is in anticipation or not. Then it is not what He has done for us or what we expect Him to do for us, but what He has been from eternity before we existed, and what He is not even if we were not here to need Him, and what He will be forever whether that "forever" includes us or not - it is that which captivates us and evokes from us the selfless offering of self in worship. That is pure adoration. Nothing less is worthy of the name." Albert Day

Father; may my life make your great heart glad today. Let me live in adoration, praise and gratitude for who you are and all you have come to mean to me. Amen

No comments: