Wednesday, April 20, 2005

This evening I am trying to hear His voice among all the sadness.

In you, O Lord I have taken refuge;
let me never be put to shame.
Rescue me and deliver me in your
righteousness;
turn your ear to me and save me.
Be my rock of refuge,
to which I can always go;
give the command to save me,
for you are my rock and my
fortress.
For you have been my hope,
O Sovereign Lord,
my confidence since my youth.
From birth I have relied on you;
you brought me forth from my
mother's womb.
I will ever praise you.
Psalm 71

I have been reading about clefts. It is an indentation in a rock and inside the cleft the rock is its original pink color, unspoiled and protected from the storm and heat. That's where I want to stay. Fanny Crosby said it best:

A wonderful Savior is Jesus My Lord,
A wonderful Savior to me:
He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock,
Where rivers of pleasure I see.

He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock
That shadows a dry, thirsty land;
He hideth my life in the depths of His love,
And covers me there with His hand.
And covers me there with His hand.

Lord please hide my family in the cleft of the rock tonight. Thank you that You have even the littlest ones in your hand.




No comments: