Thursday, February 24, 2005

Investments

That's what I heard in the sermon at church Sunday. I have tried to invest myself in people all my life. I'm sure there have been times that I fell very short, but I've tried. I love people and I love my family. At this time in my life one of the things I believe I should really invest in is my family. You can live in the same town and life goes by and you don't even see them for far too long. Sooo,
the matriarch of this family (me!, self-proclaimed) has declared a once-a-month family night. It will be quite a group; the Wolfe's, Pressley's, Stetler's, Line's and of course the newest additions, Jen and Ken, Cindy and Sarah. Should be fun;poker, Balderdash, May I, food, food, food and cook-outs and basketball when this weather breaks. Sounds like some Kodak moments to me and a new scrapbook to begin. I remember fondly the times that Kerri, Mikey, Eric and Ryan had together. I want those kind of memories for this generation. Traditions, that's what I want them to remember. Our first family night will be quite a celebration. We will celebrate three birthdays in one Doc-Doc, Eric William and Jen. Can't wait!!!

No comments: