Monday, March 07, 2005

After a very long and disappointing day, we finally have some answers. Someone dropped the ball and didn't get the paperwork into the proper hands for Mikey to be moved to re-hab today. Needless to say this was very upsetting. He had been so anxious he couldn't sleep and he had been packed and ready since 6a.m. It broke my heart to have to tell him it wasn't going to happen today. I just spoke with his attorney and he had in hand the order from the court for his transfer tomorrow. I guess I have learned that when you are dealing with the legal system you can't take anything for granted. They are to pick him up by 9 a.m. tomorrow. Hopefully all will go well.

1 comment:

margaret said...

I can relate. When my husband was to be moved from county jail to rehab they refused to allow me to bring him clothes to take with him. they took him on the five hour ride up north with the clothes on his back. when I contacted the rehab they told me that they do not usually provide clothes and I should have been allowed to bring the clothes to the jail to be transported. In the end I had to pay to ship his clothes to him--an unneeded expense at that time. The court system leaves much to be desired so I was extra glad that I had the Lord working overtime for me.