Thursday, March 24, 2005

A very pleasant evening

We went with our friends that will be traveling to Florida with us and hit some balls. It could really be ugly for me. I decided I'm going to play with nothing but my 7 iron, my pitching wedge and my putter. I can't hit anything as well as my 7 so why keep trying. Then we had dinner and I came home and had a wonderful conversation with my son. He read me a poem they handed out in his S.A.P. meeting. He said it was like it was written just for him. It really helped me understand where he has been. It talked about the laughter and tears that were so much a part of his old lifestyle. It talked about because he is ready to change there is still hope for his future and how he wants to pursue his dreams that were there from childhood but got lost in the alcohol. He has looked around and seen people twice his age that don't think they can have any other kind of life and he is so grateful that he knows better and he has realized it as young as he has. God is really awesome!!!
The b-ball games start again tonight and we'll see who leaves Am. Idol. Should be fun.
Good-night.

No comments: